MCP is located in a facility built specifically for community early childhood education. Separate spaces in our building allow children to engage in various different activities of their choosing. For example, one student can be playing dress-up while another student chooses an art project. The basic layout of the space includes the following:
- A central gathering space for circle time and group activity which may include books, songs, puppets, dancing, felt board stories, group discussion, etc.
- Places to enhance small motor skills such as: engineering area, activity table, sensory table, writing desk and a dedicated art room.
- A dramatic playroom filled with costumes and accessories, equipment, furniture and other fun items to encourage role playing, imagination and social interaction.
- A quiet and comfortable book nook with a variety of books to engage our children.
- A block area which includes several different sets of blocks for creative building. Toy cars and trains, plastic animals, dolls and other types of toys are available for a wide variety of imaginative play.
- A kitchen and eating area for students to practice table manners, and social skills in a meal setting.
- A fully fenced outdoor area including a new commercial playground structure, sand box, large riding toys area and plenty of grass. There is also an off-street parking lot which is sealed off for bike days.